Just upgraded to the ART php5 version via yum on my plesk 8.1 X86_64 CentOS 4.4 server.
I'm trying to transfer this domain for a customer that runs drupal and civicrm. The site that is currently hosting it is running php 5.2.0 and pcre 6.7 04-Jul-2006.
Before upgraded to php5 I got an error that indicated the code needed php5. No problem, updated to the ART version but now apache is segfaulting when I try to pull up the domain on my server. Doing some googling on the subject shows that when large strings are passed to pcre based function (preg_match , etc) it causes older pcre libraries to crash. Apparently pcre 6.x seems to fix the problem but the version on CentOS 4 only goes up to 4.x. I installed pcre7.X from the atomic-testing repo and am attempting to rebuild php5.2.6 to use it, but without changing anything in the php.spec from the atomic source rpm, this is what I get after an rpmbuild -ba (its during the testing phase that this occurs):
<snip> (lots more warnings like the one below, probably for every dll in php5..
Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.6/build-apache/modules/zip.so' - /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.6/build-apache/modules/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP : /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.6/build-apache/sapi/cli/php
PHP_SAPI : cli
PHP_VERSION : 5.2.6
PHP_OS : Linux - Linux ds5.mswanson.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64
INI actual : /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.6/build-apache/tmp-php.ini
More .INIs : /etc/php.d/dbase.ini,/etc/php.d/dom.ini,/etc/php.d/gd.ini,/etc/php.d/imap.ini,/etc/php.d/json.ini,/etc/php.d/ldap.ini,/etc/php.d/mbstring.ini,/etc/php.d/mysql.ini,/etc/php.d/mysqli.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo_mysql.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo_pgsql.ini,/etc/php.d/pdo_sqlite.ini,/etc/php.d/pgsql.ini,/etc/php.d/xmlreader.ini,/etc/php.d/xmlwriter.ini,/etc/php.d/xsl.ini,/etc/php.d/zip.ini
CWD : /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.2.6
Extra dirs :
TIME START 2008-06-13 20:09:24
FAIL EXPECT [tests/run-test/test001.phpt]
FAIL EXPECTF [tests/run-test/test002.phpt]
FAIL EXPECTREGEX [tests/run-test/test003.phpt]
FAIL INI section allows '=' [tests/run-test/test004.phpt]
TEST 5/4268 [tests/run-test/test005.phpt]
and then it just hangs on that test5 until I kill it....