Join Our Team
We’re passionate about the power of open source technology and the innovation it brings to software. Our AtomicWP and Atomic Enterprise OSSEC security solutions are built on the world’s most widely used open source security platform, OSSEC. If you’re passionate about open source technology and securing critical workloads in the cloud, data center or hybrid environments, we’d love to have you join our team.
What are we looking for?
- Solid experience in hands-on high growth software, SaaS, cloud, or cybersecurity companies.
- Creative ideas and the willingness to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A strong desire to make a contribution in a fast-paced environment.
Our People Make Us What We Are
So we take care of our people.
Flexible Work Schedules
Training and Support for Career Growth
Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security Expert
Atomicorp is looking for qualified Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security Experts to participate in an exciting project to begin in 2020. This project will involve regulatory analysis, development of policy and standards, and enforcement of cyber security requirements for U.S. and international critical infrastructure facilities.
The Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security Expert will act as a technical subject matter expert and thought leadership advocate in support of various critical infrastructure regulators. They will be responsible for evaluating, developing and expanding exisitng regulatory programs by providing industry expertise to both internal and external leaders.
The Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security Expert has a deep knowledge of their area of expertise and uses this to help develop strategic solutions for the clients, working with policy makers and enforcement branches. This person will also network with industry leaders to understand and resolve regulatory conflicts, including undue burden concerns, backfit considerations, and dual-regulation issues.
A Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security Expert is a full time salaried employee in the DC-MD-VA area. This position will have up to 40% travel.
- Support U.S. and international critical infrastructure regulatory bodies
- Maintain expert understanding of teh current regulatory framework and requirements
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and update of regulations and associated guidance
- Provide expert technical support to inspection and enforcement activities
- Provide thought leadership on program improvements and modificiations
- Communicate emerging trends in cyber security that could have regulatory impact
- Interface with regulated entities
- Develop professional relationships with industry counterparts
- Participate in sanctioned events to discuss regulatory issues
- Work with industry as allowed to reach greater understanding of industry concerdns and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements
- Interface with international cyber security community
- Attend and participate in prominent cyber security events
- Maintain membership in relevant international and domestic cyber security organizations and forums
- Serve as speaker and presenter for cyber security events in key cyber security practice areas (industrial control systems, regulatory oversight, critical infrastructure)
Ideal candidates have extensive relevant experience in the practice area.
- Graduate degree required
- U.S. citizenship required
- Currently holds or is eligible for U.S. Department of Defense Secret clearance or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional work experience required
- 7+ years of technical cyber security experience in information technology/operational technology (IT/OT)
- 7+ years of experience with cyber security technical standard development, management, or enforcement
- Possesses aptitude to identify strategic solutions to problems with complex and large-scale commercial implications
- Strong experience working closely with executive decision-makers identifying trends, communicating risks, and presenting strategic implications
- Ability to identify major technology trends in the critical infrastructure industry and share point of view with regulators
- Excellent communicator with the ability to communicate effectively along vertical and horizontal planes internally and across organizations
- Experience creating thought leadership and white papers and presenting in this area of expertise is preferred
Sales Support Engineer
Atomicorp is actively seeking a dynamic, tech savvy Sales Support Engineer to sell and explain / our product to prospective and current clients. You will work closely with our Sales Director to present key benefits and features of our product to help win new business. These will range from standard to custom demonstrations and give you the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our clients and how our product will add value to their business. You will work closely with clients during our POC phase and act as a bridge between our IT support and development teams and the client to ensure we are delivering on our promises and exceeding expectations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Sales Team to achieve defined sales goals
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
- Assist in the production of proposals to clients
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
- Represent Atomicorp’s product to customers and at conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- 3+ years of cybersecurity or networking software sales engineering or technical sales experience
- Excellent track record in developing new business and meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Comfortable leading discussions within the cybersecurity domain to all customer levels (CISO to IT administrator)
- Strong presentation and application demo skills
- Experience installing and troubleshooting enterprise applications in Windows and Linux environments
- A self-motivator who thrives on identifying and resolving customer pain points.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Business Management, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Linux
- Willing to travel to customer locations throughout the US and internationally
- Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Confidence and skill to manage and prioritize multiple parallel tasks
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a small mixed support/development team
- Decision making skills
- Analytical skills