When systems become legacy or reach ‘end of life,’ they get increasingly difficult to support and secure. Often, this system obsolescence occurs because the data is vast and mission critical, making the transformation risk high. But what are the challenges of maintaining these legacy systems, when the rest of the IT landscape is changing to newer models but some of your own equipment or software is not getting refreshed? Sometimes, the vendor that supports the software OS doesn’t even exist anymore. Consider the security quandaries when part of your computing landscape is still composed of servers running on old operating systems and protected by external firewalls and VPNs.
Most security solutions available today were not designed with legacy platforms in mind and do not address log management, intrusion detection or active response for these older systems. It takes constant patching and costly regular server reconfigurations for these older systems to work or be secure, and is especially tolling as the computing architecture becomes increasingly distributed, parts of it even forgotten about.
Venerable systems such as AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, old versions of Red Hat and Windows, and more, require a flexible endpoint protection solution, one that enables IT managers to run secure hybrid cloud architectures consisting of legacy and modern systems and infrastructure.
Secure Your Legacy and Modern Systems with Versatile Endpoint Protection Solution
Security support for legacy and end-of-life environments takes versatility, and Atomicorp agents can enable you to orchestrate detection and response across not only your devices and favorite OSs but your virtual machines and cloud environments.
With Atomic OSSEC, organizations that still depend on legacy systems get:
- Out-of-the box integrations with hundreds of systems.
- More than 400 out-of-the-box connectors to collect log data.
- A user experience that goes beyond CLI (command line interface) into SIEM consoles, for visual and graphical security event viewing.
- An ability to run on most operating systems, including Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows and more. Atomic OSSEC is a versatile solution for mixed, modern / legacy system environments.
- Comprehensive coverage for AIX and Solaris operating systems that includes file integrity monitoring, intrusion detection, active response as well as firewall management.
- ClamAV for vulnerability scanning on all supported platforms, an upgrade from the traditional products available for legacy systems.
- A boost for firewall and VPN security, further advancing protection over legacy approaches.
- Support for all major cloud platforms, AWS, Azure, GCP, and more.
Security Support for Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows
Atomic OSSEC is the ideal solution for architectures mixing modern and practical legacy systems.
Do you have a legacy system you need to secure?
Learn more about Atomic OSSEC, and give it a try; now available as SaaS.
Request Your 30 Minute Demo
Free Guide: The 3 Most Critical Capabilities for Securing Cloud Workloads
Download this free guide to see the most important steps to achieving security and compliance for workloads running in the cloud.