COVID-19 has accelerated e-commerce, with U.S. retailers turning increasingly to an online element to keep business booming or merely survive. 2020 registered a $105 billion increase in online business, according to Digital Commerce 360 research. The downside is that criminals and vandals have moved online to target them. Crimes include spam, site defacement, theft, ransoming, and more.
Online retailers need strong cybersecurity that can protect their systems and customers. This takes the form of security software that protects their servers, endpoint computers, databases, web entities, and customer data coming to and from the cloud. The overall security approach must be intertwined with compliance, because both security and compliance are about protecting data from wrongful usage. Complicating matters, the cloud makes retailers more agile, but they lose visibility and control into where their data goes and how it might be used.
Advanced Security, PCI-DSS Compliance, for the Retail Industry
Atomic OSSEC is an intrusion detection and active response system that leverages strong automatic file logging, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability scanning, audit control, reporting, and analysis to:
- Secure customer data through encryption and defense in depth cybersecurity.
- Keep financial data out of the wrong hands.
- Protect shopping cart apps.
- Protect websites and chat and communication channels (from defacements, spam, and site takeover attempts).
- Meet compliance reporting requirements during audits.
- Empower PCI-DSS compliance, via 99 critical security controls in Atomic OSSEC.
- Enable GDPR compliance for international sellers.
- Provide critical audit control mechanisms for HIPAA compliance.
- Align with controls for NIST 800-171, CMMC, and FedRAMP compliance.
- Ensure site uptime and reliability.
- Efficiently manage large scale environments utilizing clustering.
- Secure and segment data across distribution channels.
- Engineer cloud workload protection across major cloud platform providers.
- Take advantage of built-in compliance via Atomic OSSEC security rules. For example, be PCI-DSS compliant right out of the box.
- Provide a SIEM console for managing security and compliance.
Download the PCI-DSS Compliance whitepaper to discover how to:
- Drive a vulnerability management program – i.e., regularly update anti-virus protections and maintain secure applications.
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Implement strong access control measures – i.e., restrict access to cardholder data and authorized users.
- Change vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security mechanisms.
- Protect ‘stored’ cardholder data.
- And much more.
Request Your 30 Minute Demo
Free Guide: The 3 Most Critical Capabilities for Securing Cloud Workloads
Download this free guide to see the most important steps to achieving security and compliance for workloads running in the cloud.