(Venerable legacy systems such as AIX and Solaris require a flexible endpoint protection solution to enable architects to manage secure hybrid cloud architectures.)
What are the challenges of maintaining legacy systems? You know, when the rest of the IT landscape is changing to newer makes and models but your own equipment or software is not getting refreshed. Often this is because the data is vast and mission critical, making the transformation risk high. Consider the security quandaries when part of your computing landscape is still composed of servers running on old operating systems and protected by external firewalls and extended VPNs.
Most security solutions available today were not designed with legacy platforms in mind and do not address log management, intrusion detection or active response for these older systems. It takes constant patching and costly regular server reconfigurations for these older systems to work or be secure, and is especially tolling as the computing architecture becomes increasingly distributed, parts of it even forgotten about.
AIX, released by IBM in 1986, poses these sorts of security support challenges today. Similarly does the Sun Microsystems/Oracle operating system known as Solaris. AIX and Solaris are operating systems that demand an intensive and ongoing patchwork approach to secure them. There aren’t many viable, full-spectrum security solutions for these systems.
But this is changing along with the computing network landscape. Now, security requires a network of security workloads, with the endpoint protection solution deployed in the server environment, on web servers, in the cloud, and on end user devices. Atomicorp provides this deep and wide security from the kernel all the way out to the internet and cloud where your people often connect.
Atomicorp Endpoint Protection Solution for Legacy and Cloud Security Architecture
Security support for legacy environments takes versatility, and Atomicorp agents can enable you to orchestrate detection and response across not only your devices and favorite OSs but your virtual machines and cloud environments.
With Atomic OSSEC, organizations that still depend on legacy systems get:
- Out-of-the box integrations with hundreds of systems.
- More than 400 out-of-the-box connectors to collect log data.
- A user experience that goes beyond CLI (command line interface) into SIEM consoles, for visual and graphical security event viewing.
- An ability to run on most operating systems, including Linux, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, MacOS, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows and more. Atomic OSSEC is a versatile solution for mixed, modern / legacy system environments.
- Comprehensive coverage for AIX and Solaris operating systems that includes file integrity monitoring, intrusion detection, active response as well as firewall management.
- ClamAV for vulnerability scanning on all supported platforms, an upgrade from the traditional products available for legacy systems.
- A boost for firewall and VPN security, further advancing protection over legacy approaches.
- Support for all major cloud platforms, AWS, Azure, GCP, and more.
Atomic OSSEC is the ideal solution for architectures mixing modern and practical legacy systems.
Visit the Atomic OSSEC page, and give it a try; now available as SaaS.
Atomic OSSEC for Endpoint Protection Solution and Advanced FIM
Smart security and compliance starts with strong endpoint protection, including crucial file integrity monitoring (FIM), and extends to protection of cloud workloads. FIM is a sound method of protecting your assets and data toward safer security outcomes and improved compliance objectives.
Explore six security, compliance, and business advantages organizations of any size can garner from the FIM in Atomic OSSEC.
Read the FIM whitepaper.
Turn on Atomic Protector to both detect and defend at the workload level.